Notes on Buying a Used Nissan Maxima
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Used Nissans and other Used Car topics.
Should I buy a used Nissan Maxima?
Buying a used Nissan Maxima has some definite pluses and minuses. If a Maxima is on your list of potential used car purchases, here's a quick breakdown of both the positives and negatives of the vehicle:
- Above-average reliability and solid build
- Powerful V6 engine
- Standard ABS and a good amount of other standard equipment
- Interior is roomy and designed well
- Overall easy maintenance
- Premium fuel is required
- Suspension can be stiff
- Torque steer on heavy acceleration
- Other minor common problems: some early models have defective coils; you may encounter a "check engine" light; some have a bad airflow sensor; there can be electrical glitches.
If you're considering a Nissan Maxima, do a comparison with the Toyota Camry and the Honda Accord.