Advantages of Buying a Used Car
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Buying a Used Car From a Dealer and other Used Car topics.
Why Buy a Used Car?
Buying a used car is a bargain on so many levels. Not only do you save on purchase costs you save on ownership costs, too.
Used Car Dealers Pass the Savings on to You
Ownership is Usually Less Expensive
- Some used car dealers get their inventory from trade-ins, others from purchases, auctions or some combination. Ultimately, the dealer's cost in obtaining the vehicle is lower than it would be for a new car because transportation is not a factor (the inventory is usually from local sources).
- Buying a used car saves you money because it costs the dealer less to acquire and make the car available for sale.
- When you buy a car that is 3 to 5 years old you can usually get it for around 50 percent of the original MSRP (manufacturer's suggested retail price). The bonus – the used car has five to seven reliable driving years and:
- Your insurance and registration costs will be less expensive than for a new car.
- You can still purchase an extended warranty to offset any repairs (just be sure to work with a reputable provider and review the terms of your agreement before you sign on the dotted line).
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.