Benefits of Buying Used Cars
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Buying a Used Car From a Dealer and other Used Car topics.
What Are the Benefits of Buying Used Cars?
There are many ways to save a few dollars when you're in the market for a car. Descriptors such as dependable, under warranty and fully loaded aren't just for new cars anymore. Pre-owned car sales offer many advantages and a big plus. The savings with buying used cars is often unbeatable.
Pre-Owned Auto Sales Make Good Sense
Used car sales have increased significantly in the last several years. There are several reasons for this increase.
- It isn't uncommon to hear of cars that remain on the road beyond 200,000 miles. In other words, cars are more reliable. The average owner keeps a car for about five years before trading it in.
- If you consider that drivers average 12,000 miles annually you realize that used cars have a lot of reliable miles left in them after the trade.
Local Used Car Dealerships Offer Choice and Convenience
- Local used car dealers want your business. Contrary to reputation there are many dealers that do business with integrity. These dealers offer fair prices and incentives, as well as selection and in some cases, warranties.
- Buying a used car from a dealer is much the same as buying new. Buyers must still secure financing, do research to be sure the car of their choice is a good fit and negotiate.
- You can get a good deal at pre-owned car dealerships if you come prepared with information and a willingness to negotiate.